Friday, July 15, 2005

Two Weeks Notice....hmmmmm

Well, hi ya'll! I hope this latest update finds everyone doing well. I have been here two weeks today and I'm finally getting settled in. I've been watching the news for some headlines like, "State Capitol has to shut down due to lack of ability to maintain a positive outlook since Rhonda left" or "Oklahoma State Highway Patrol has to request more funding because they can no longer meet their quota since Rhonda left" or even "Car Insurance rates at an all time high..." Well, you get the idea...but alas, no such news. I would come back if I had too, but I guess all is well WITHOUT me. **sniff**

Here's a travel tip: (This tip is sponsored in part by General FoodsInternational Coffees...Celebrate something) If you decide to come up and visit and want to take a leisure drive to see the sights, it is not in your best interest to take roads you are not familiar with. Should you do this, do not stop at red lights. Running a red light will only get you a ticket. Stopping will get you killed. P.S. Saginaw Street is not a good part of town. So there you go - Not that I got lost, I'm just looking out for my friends. That's all...

So, who's coming up to see me first????

I had another funeral procession - same thing happened, except this experience was spiced up a bit by an 80 year old who flipped me off as he passed me. I guess he had somewhere to go or something.

Mark and I started a diet this past Monday. It's called the grapefruit diet. Some of you may have heard of it or even tried it. It's not a bad diet, just really restrictive - you can't snack. That's just crazy talk. Who EVER considered not SNACKING???Hello???? I would cut MEALS out of my day before I would cut snacks. Oh wait, right before bedtime, you do get one snackie poo - an 8 oz glass of either tomato or cow juice (low fat skim). That's filling. Mark is used to snacking quite a bit in the evenings so the first night, he kept asking me if he could have stuff. Then, throughout the evening, he would go into the kitchen and just stand and look around. I thought he was never gonna go to bed. I, on the other hand, was a perfect picture of composed and committed.

Then comes day 2. I was fine until that evening. We went over toMark's brother's house to swim. When we were finished, Kelly (his wife) pulled out the leftover homemade strawberry shortcake fromJessica's birthday party. I lost it - I wanted it so bad. Shoot - I just wanted to smear it all over myself. Oh wow - I didn't cheat, but don't think for a second that I didn't want to.

We finally broke last night and went and bought low carb ice cream. It wasn't our fault really - that stinking diet made us do it. That's all I have to say about that really.

I had another job interview on Wednesday in East Lansing, which is just a few miles away from where Mark works. That would be nice so I don't have to be driving in the bad weather. Insurance companies allover the place - UNITE! It went really well, and then yesterday, I got a call back for a second interview for the job in Ann Arbor. It's next Tuesday. I wowed em' - I knew I would.

Well, I have to go get ready now. My future sisters-in-law are taking me to lunch to "Welcome Me to the Family". I'm really excited about it - they are three very sweet women. Ok...that's all. Except that I miss you all with everything in me.

Love, Love, Love
Yankee Princess

No comments: