Wednesday, July 06, 2005

boy, aren't yankees NICE???

Ok, so here's what's been going on so far...unpacking. oh yeah , good times there.

Yesterday, I decided to go get my Michigan drivers license since you only have 30 days to get it. I go in, take a number, and wait. It's my turn, WOOHOO! I go to the counter and tell her I need a new drivers license. She asks for THREE forms of I.D. Oh, and by the way, a social security card doesn't work. (Then what the heck do I have this thing for???) She wants a high school diploma, a high school year book, a birth certificate...all of which I conveniently carry in my glove compartment. I almost asked, "Would you also like a stool sample? Maybe swab my cheek?" So in the midst of planning, I'm thinking that I won't get my car tag renewed until it expires in November - get the most bang for your buck, right? Not so much -Because I might get pulled over (yeah right), if I whip out my shiney new Michigan drivers license and don't have the coordinating accessories (license plate, antenna flag - you know, the usual), I just might get another ticket. So, I take my little Okie drivers license and go home.

So later in the day, I turn on to a two lane street that has a third lane on the far right of my side of the street. As I pull into that lane, a funeral processional heads my direction, so I stop the car, 'cause that's what you do right? Well, I ALMOST DIED waiting on that funeral processional because supposedly, Yankees haven't heard yet about the stopping your car out of respect thing. In fact, people SPED UP - It was almost like they thought that respectful - to get past the processional as quickly as possible. Unbelievable.

Last night, I got a call for another interview next Wednesday. This could be the job I really want. We're not sure - the one I interview for tomorrow pays a lot more, but the one I got a call about for nextweek is in the same town as Mark so he could take me to work (not thatI don't have mad driving skills, especially in snow and ice, but it makes him feel like a real man, taking care of me and all....it's all about him really) Cross your prayer fingers that God will simply close the door that I'm not supposed to walk through. We only want God's will for our lives.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support. I can never tell you enough how much you all mean to me.

"Whatever you are, Be a Good One."

Princess Rhonda

No comments: