Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A boo boo boooo

Well, here I am...just over three weeks in Eskimo Land and I am gainfully employed and quickly developing a reputation amongst my co-workers of being quite funny. I'm not sure if they're laughing at my stories or the way I talk - bottom line is, they're laughing at me, and that's not nice. Oh well -

The job is amazing. The people I work with are so nice! For those of you who don't know, I'm the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of Emergency Physicians Medical Group (EPMG). Essentially, hospitals have a difficult time staffing their emergency rooms and urgent care facilities. So, they contract with us to manage their emergency rooms and urgent care facilities and with that management comes staffing of doctors. So, the doctors are ours and the nurses, therapists, etc. are employees of the hospital. It's a great companyand they really care about what they're doing. My boss is so nice -almost too nice. Maybe he thinks I'm fragile...hmmmmm - sometimes, he's so precious, I just want to grab his cheeks, get in his face and say, "A boo boo boo" I don't know that we're quite there yet...I'll keep you posted.

This company even keeps a stocked refrigerator of sodas and juices and bottled waters. WOOHOO!!! Who cares about the condo up north, I want beverages! I just want to drink as many as possible just because they're free. he he AND BECAUSE I CAN! I do work for the president, you know....

The other day, I decided to clean out the oven. hmm Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I went and bought Easy Off oven cleaner. For the removal of baked on, caked on..."stuff". I got yer' baked on, caked on. Have any of you ever SEEN a 36 year old bachelor's stove??? Let's start with the top burners. I went to clean those pretty little silver things under the burners. One look told me they should be given an honorable burial - so I purchased new ones. They sure do sparkle. So, then I went deep into the bowels of "THE OVEN". Oh wow- caked on?? baked on??? yeah right, try soldered (pronounced sawterfor those of you who hypothetically had no idea and tried to spell it like it sounds) on. It was a whole new layer of lining on the inside. Spray was not gonna do it - a chisel, maybe. But I digress...So, I sprayed it on. hmm It came alive and started chasing after me. It was like nothing I've ever experienced. And hopefully never will. whew - fortunately, my new job has employee assistance with trained counselors to deal with this very thing. I just don't know if they're trained to deal with ME...

Well, it's the final countdown to the big day. I am so excited. My plan worked just as I had hoped when I first messaged my vic, er, Mark. Perfect, I tell ya - he walked right into it. And he has no idea. **evil laugh**

Now that I'm getting up so stinkin' early, I have to go to bed by 10, so I better wrap this up. Mark and I started tanning today - I am a complete failure at weight loss and my dress may have to be strappedon me with electrical tape, but at least I will be tan. Now I just gotta find a hair do. More later -

Love Love Love -

The Fat and Happy Princess

No comments: