Monday, July 04, 2005

No snow yet....

Hi everyone! Well, like it or not, I'm here now. We (my brother and I) left Friday from work and thought we had gained an hour and a half because the offices closed early. Alas, not so much. We hit Tulsa just shortly after some bad driver hit some other driver...fabulous -and in 5 o'clock traffic. Fortunately, I had my pedicure kit with me and could do some trimming while my brother handled the masses. Once we got through the wreck, it was on to some "one - lane action"....took us that extra hour and a half to get through 20 MILES...Bless my heart.

We got to St. Louis where I had made a reservation at the hotel I found to be closest to the interstate that we were on (I had no scientific knowledge to back up my decision, mind you). I even told her we had a u-haul with a car in tow. I'm sure she was just really busy when I called to make the reservation and just FORGOT to tell me there was nowhere for us to park in this very upscale part of downtown St. Louis. When we arrived and found the situation to be what it was, Abu and Shaq (an Assistant Manager who was from India I think and the security guard who looked just like Shaq - names have been changed to protect the innocent) tried to tell us we could back up the uhaul into a parking spot with the car in tow. Finally, after much discussion and not being able to convince Abu that there was no way that was going to happen, we cancelled our reservation and drove off as they yelled at us that we wouldn't find another room because "The fair is in town." We'll show them, and show them we did. We found another room - HA! (It just happened to be another 2 1/2 hours down the road- and that was just because at 3:00 am, someone had just checked out. We slept like babies and left around 10:30 the next morning.

Construction is a pretty popular thing we found out - sometimes they like to piggy back construct. Certainly, it was the ideal situation for someone with A.D.D. Good NIGHT! And I would have slept through it except (in case you didn't know this), the seats don't and can't recline in U-haul trucks. No one told me that ahead of time or I would have just strapped all my stuff onto the back of a GREYHOUND. So, I'm left to entertain myself (Bless my brother's heart). I think (Not for sure yet) I got a wee bit grumpy maybe towards the end of the trip. I was bored, irritable, and forgot to take my pill- We arrived safely and exhausted!

Mark built a deck to surprise me and it's beautiful! He also bought me a new Schwinn mountain bike so that we can get some exercise. He was right - I got plenty pushing that thing down the stairs of the deck to get it out of the way. Anyway, the family room looks just like it did yesterday evening - like a disaster area. Tomorrow will be good since Mark goes to work and I can start going through our house looking for places to cram things so he will think I cleaned when he gets home. I miss you all terribly and I hope you all had a beautiful Fourth ofJuly. We bought matching t-shirts from Old Navy and put them on just in time to watch a gigantic storm come through town. It was quite patriotic. I love each and every one of you from the heart of my bottom! Keep your eyes on the Son and ME in your hearts...And will someone check on my mom - I'm sure she is going nuts without me living with her right now! HA HA

Bye for now -Princess Rhonda

No comments: