Monday, February 02, 2009

Oooh Say Did You Hear??







I just have to say “WOW” to last night’s performance of The National Anthem by former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson. Besides just looking so classy and maintaining such professional composure after the year she’s had (I mean, even with a GREAT year behind me, the National Anthem makes me tear up!), she ROCKED it. That was one of the absolute best performances I’ve ever heard. If you missed it, you can check out her performance on You Tube.

It is now added to my list of all time favorite performances of this song. Another extremely memorable version was performed by the Dixie Chicks. I don’t really like them but there’s no denying that they hit the bulls-eye with their rendition. In case you don’t know or don’t remember what I’m talking about, check it out.

That’s the only reason I really watch the Super Bowl, so thank you Jennifer! (The photos above are taken with my iphone while we were laying on the couch watching the game...well, some of us were watching.)

Also, I just found out about a very cool website I wanted to share with everyone. It’s called Catching Fireflies and it’s just a really fun place to shop! They have every kind of fun whimsical gift you could possibly imagine, perfect gifts ideas for those people who have everything…or even for those who don’t. My personal favorites: jewel-shaped ice cube trays and of course, the shower sponge shaped like a microphone. Like I said, PERFECT gift ideas!

Ok, signing off for now…still struggling from my “warm weather hangover” from yesterday…If you had told me many years ago that I would ever think 36 degrees is warm and toasty, I would have told you you were nuts…But I digress.
The Princess

No comments: