Thursday, March 19, 2009

AI: Cheers and Jeers - Week 2

Alright..I know you've all been waiting patiently, longing for my thoughts about this week's Idol happenings...so here we go... (and forgive me for not remembering names - that's not my strong point. Don't worry - I'm GREAT at describing so you'll know who I'm talking about).

Let's start with the bad stuff. I'm torn about Alexis getting ye olde boot in the booty. I mean, the girl is great. I remember her in the first batch of 12 - she was the only one that we knew for sure would be going into the top 12. She was 'DOPE'. So why in THE WORLD did she pick a sacred tune? Why oh why did she take that sacred tune and drag it along like a broken toy on a string? Jolene should only be sung at one tempo and by only one specific bleach blonde...*sigh* And then, to make the situation worse, the judges tell her that they will consider saving her based on her 'Goodbye' performance...no fair! Having to sing that song, she was doomed before she even opened her mouth...and then she opened her mouth...and it was WORSE than the night before! Alexis, Alexis, Alexis...or Allison, as Randy liked to call her. (How embarassing was THAT??)

And since we're talking about the bottom, I absolutely believe Michael should have been standing there with her. IN FACT, I could have sworn he would go home last night because technically, she's better than him. She just picked a horrible song to sing which helped him stick around for another week. But I think we all know that there are key people who were not absolutely going home until they had made it into the top 10 in order to keep the group diverse as possible...the blind guy with the sweet precious demeanor, the rocker chick, the country singer, the girl with the flu...

Speaking of the girl with the flu...

Megan Joy - Can you say ewwww? I still like the quirky sound of her voice but I gotta' ask - was it just me or did her dress give a whole new meaning to 'lift and separate'? I mean, she was so lifted and separated that it looked like she was flat chested so the stage people put an orange on each side to spice things up. I just watched in horror and kept thinking to myself...please stop moving. STAND STILL. Ick. Big time ick. And flu or no flu, she's a weak one. She could go at any time.

Speaking of going at anytime, Lil Rounds. She's still bad in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I KNOW she can blow. But last night, she BLEW in a bad bad way. And does anyone else have a hard time listening to her talk? I know it's a singing competition, but they should really shy away from lengthy interviews with the ones who's speaking skills are just a step better than nails on a chalkboard (ok, admit it - when you read that, you shivered, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? I did. Ooooh - do it again. MuFASAH! Ooooh...but I digress) She will be going home soon too if she doesn't get some Mary J. pumpin' pretty darn quickly.

And then that will leave us with just one girl....Allison (I think that's her name...the redhead) She's just great. She's a rocker chick of the truest kind...she really has such a nice raspy edginess to her voice that's very easy to listen to. She is similar to Kelly Clarkson, I think. I could see her going very very far into the competition, but I can promise you - no girl is gonna' win this competition. Not with the kind of musical boy wonder deliciousness competing against them this year! Where oh where do I start...

Oh wait, before I get to the good stuff, there's something I gotta' say - Was it just me or did anyone else feel dirty after Adam's performance of 'Ring of Fire'? I couldn't decide if it was the American Idol version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show or if I had just worshipped satan. In the words of my friend, Muriel -I felt like I needed to bathe in holy water after he got done. Thoughts? The fire video effects didn't help it all... He just creeps me beyond belief and I gotta' tell you I think he thinks quite a bit of himself. Did you see sweet Randy Travis' face after he sang it??? LOL! Bless his heart, he just couldn't find ANYTHING nice to say, so he just laughed ackwardly as he looked away. Poor Randy-Don't worry, all of us watching at home did the very same thing.

So, now that the trash is taken out, on to the ear candy...

Anoop..shoop, a doop, shoop a...oh please, you know you've thought it before. I just happen to be the one who verbalizes what everyone else is thinking...Yes, he did a phenomenal job. And you could tell that Simon saying that he wished they hadn't made it a top 13 by keeping Anoop knocked the little guy down a few notches, which he definitely needed. But then, all it took was one good performance night and he's back up in his wherever he hangs out...Arrogance Land or wherever...Cockyville...I'm Too Sexy Township...wherever. I just don't like him. I don't. Not in the same way I don't like Adam, but once you're in the "Rhonda doesn't like me" boat, there are no subcategories to divide the boat up.

Kris (or Chris)...he sang Garth Brooks' 'To Make You Feel My Love'....no worries Chris, IIII felt it. Yes sir. Whoa, lots of love. He just sang the sweetest, creamiest love song all night. I felt like he swept the love song category. He'll be around for weeks and I hope he does another song like that again! (Ooohh, do it ag...um, anyway)

Scott - I'm gonna' say it. I think someone on American Idol has been reading my blog because they tamed the wild beast. Scott's curly locks were a wee bit shorter this week and had just a touch of a tossled look to them which was a great look. I just felt like the bad hair drew attention to him as the 'blind guy'. The tamer mane allowed his attention to be more 'just like everyone else'. He's got a lot of talent - no, his voice isn't near as strong as the others, but there's something to be said for someone who has to learn his words strictly by listening and memorizing AND learning the notes on the piano AND putting it all together while playing the RIGHT NOTES because he can't ever look down at his hands to make sure they're in the right place. And then he can sing to boot. I thought he blew that Martina McBride song out of the water. He's a musician by all accounts. What a gifted person!

Danny is just amazing. I mean, he seriously is. And I love his moments where he's power-ballading and he sounds like Michael Bolton! He's just awesome...but let's talk about his fashion. He looked like the Crocodile Hunter...or Milton on the Lido deck...not sure, but the jacket was bad...he looked like all he was missing was a pipe and an ascot...and maybe a cocked eyebrow. But when he was singing, I almost didn't notice what he was wearing. That's how good he is.

and finally, Matt. *sigh* Is it because he's a local boy? Is it because he's buttercream icing on the competition cake? I don't know but he is my favorite. I just wish he had the huge selection of fun eyeglass frames like Danny G. and he would be set. Hmmmm...I don't know if he could pull that off though. Better just stick with his pipes and ticklin' those ivories.

Well, that's it for this week. Sorry if it's a little lacking, but today was my very first full day of my Florida Excursion and, well, let's just say I'm ready to cheer on those Sooners...crispified. Any of you Michiganders need a little warmin' up this week with that next round of snow, I'm an all-natural heat source right now. Just come cuddle up next to me. And it's just hard to think clearly and maintain my bounce and sparkle when I'm on fire. I am now going to go lay flat and take out anyone that even thinks about touching me. Muuuuwaaahaaahaaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaa.

Later Idol Lovers~
Princess of Quite Crispy

1 comment:

Pam said...

Rhonda, zip over to my page for more American Idol snarking!!! Love your re-cap!