Tuesday, August 23, 2005

**sigh**

Well, tomorrow is finally almost here (that either made complete sense or none at all). Tomorrow, after work, Mark and I leave for home (Oklahoma). I have been trying to work on that - trying to call Michigan home. They say that home is where your heart is. It just hasn't been long enough for my heart to be here yet. I could say that my heart is neither place, but that would make me homeless, and I don't know that I like that.

I'm so excited about going to Oklahoma that I have convinced Mark to let us drive through and not stop in St. Louis. We promise to pull off if we get too tired, but otherwise, it's onward and southward!

I have been trying to make friends, but up here, that's a little harder. People, in general, aren't as open to new people...not at first, anyway. I mean, I had people in Oklahoma who thought I was weird, but can you imagine what they think up here??? lol Actually, everyone at my job has been really nice. Damaris, one of the employees here, even laughs at me being funny, which is nice 'cause no one else does. I told her she was my new best friend up here and that we were gonna do stuff together all the time and not to even worry about giving me directions to her house 'cause I have already mapquested it! She asked if that was considered friend or STALKER??? lol

They also don't disclose much of their personal information up here - very private people. You should see the faces of those unwilling participants who make the mistake of sitting in my chair in my office. After about five minutes of me going on and on and disclosing everything from my bra size to "How to Have a Healthy Bowel Movement" (those of you who I've had this conversation with know who you are), the look on their faces...I can't tell if it's shock or disgust....or just utter amazement that ANYONE would consider talking about so many things at one time. Sometimes I just talk and talk just so I can look at their reaction and laugh when they leave! ha ha ha ha

I also found out today that Anne, the HR Manager, is also a talker. She and I will be getting along really well - she understands my predicament. She is so nice - she's also a hugger. he he he Whodathunk?

Well, Mark and I have a busy night ahead of us - we have to pack and then pack up the car so that when I get home, we can jump in the car and go....I can't wait to see everyone.

Love you all -

No comments: